3PL Vendor Shortage and Invoicing Process:
Introduction: In order to submit an invoice in CI, you will have to go through the below process if any SKU on a PO is less than 100% received in our system. Please follow along for further instruction of 3PL invoicing in regards to our automated shortage process.
- If a PO is not available in CI for invoicing it may be due to the fact that there are shortages against the PO. If so, after 2 business days of initial receipt, our system will send you the email below. This email will display the PO relating to the shortage, the SKUs that show as short and the initial quantities received at our warehouse. At the end of this email you will be prompted to “click here” which will take you to our “Receivers” tab in CI where you can action on your shortage(s).
- Once you click on the link at the bottom of the email you will be taken to the Commerce Interface portal where the information regarding the shortage will be displayed.
- You will then need to click the gear on the lower right hand side of the shortage(s) in question:
- From there, a pop up will prompt you to check 1 of 3 boxes; Outstanding Inventory in Transit, No Additional Inventory Available or Groupon’s Count is Incorrect.
- If you select that there is outstanding inventory in transit, you will receive a prompt asking how many units are being shipped and the expected delivery date. Note, you cannot pick a delivery date greater than 10 days out.
- If you select “No additional inventory available” the PO will be closed out and available for invoicing in CI. (*PO will only close if “No Additional Inventory is Available” is selected for all SKUs lower than 100% received*)
- If you select “Groupon’s Count is Incorrect”, the specified warehouse will receive an email to recount the quantities (see email below)
Email sent to Groupon warehouse after you select “Groupon’s Count is Incorrect”:
- After a warehouse re-count, if the Groupon Count stands, you will be sent back to the CI portal to choose, a. “No Outstanding Inventory” or b. “Inventory in Transit”. If Groupon’s count was incorrect, the receiver will be updated with the new counts. From here, the PO will either close (if received in full) or kick an email back to you for action on the remainder of the shortage. *Note: Email alerts will be sent out to you when action is required in CommerceInterface. Please action on an email within 2 business days of receiving it.
Process Flow for the 3 Options a Vendor can Select During the Shortage Process:
A- Outstanding Inventory in Transit:
- Vendor selects quantity amount and delivery date
- If this is not received two business days post the promised delivery date, the PO will auto-close.
B- No Additional Inventory:
- No action necessary: (*PO will only close if “no additional inventory is available” is selected for all SKUs lower than 100% received*)
C- Groupon’s Count is Incorrect:
- Kicks back for a cycle re-count to the applicable warehouse
- If Groupon’s count stands, you will be sent back to the CI portal to choose, a. “No Outstanding Inventory” or b. “Inventory in Transit”
- If Groupon’s count was incorrect, the receiver will be updated with the new counts. PO will either close (if received in full) or kick back to the vendor for action on the remainder of the shortage.
D- No action taken by vendor:
- 1. PO auto closes two business post the vendor receiving the shortage email with no action taken.