Hello Vendor Partners,
During the month of August, we will be transitioning to the ability to ship multiple customer orders together. We have added a new column on the Dropship order file. This new field will enable your team to easily combine orders into one shipment that is being shipped to the same address. The new Parent_Order_ID (parent_order_id) field will assign orders going to the same ship-to-address as the same parent order ID.
We will ramp this up to a percentage of vendors each week starting on the 15th, so please be on the look out for this new field. Once this has been rolled out 100% by the end of August, we will require all vendors to combine these shipments moving forward. Please see the below required actions.
Required Actions and Changes for Shipping in Multis:
- We are introducing a new identifier called parent_order_id, which will allow facilitating orders being shipped together.
- If multiple lines in the CI exported file (or SFTP) have the same parent_order_id, vendors must wave and ship those items together
- If Groupon drops a multi-line order which cannot be fulfilled out of one vendor-location, then vendor is expected to follow the same guidelines of fulfillment - i.e. ship all line items that one location has inventory for
- The only condition under which the above can be violated is if any line item cannot be shipped in full. In that event, vendor is expected to:
- fulfill all lines for which all ordered units are available
- hold orders for lines for which no / partial units are available
- fulfill missed lines once all ordered units are available
NOTE: partial line items should not be shipped. Any line item should be shipped, if and only if, all units for that line are available.
- The vendors should also consolidate and ship multiple orders with different parent_order_id together, if they are able to consolidate across multiple parent_order_id.
- For multiple orders in CI to be linked together by a common parent_order_id, the following criteria must be met:
- The orders must be from the same customer
- The orders must be shipping to the same address
- Per vendor’s configuration, these deals / items are sent to the same fulfillment warehouse
- If all the above criteria are met, then the orders will drop with one parent_order_id. The parent_order_id will be added to the Commerce Interface’s Orders Dashboard, and in the order files. It will also be exposed through APIs/EDI and FTP as well.
- In the sample order file attached, the new parent_order_id of 55555 links two orders together. These two orders must be shipped together in a single box.
Please reach out to your Account Manager if you have any questions.